Chilkat’s licensing scheme will change slightly starting with version 188.8.131.52. These changes will have no effect on already-licensed customers.
1. Same-product new-version upgrades are no longer free forever. They are only free while support is maintained. If support lapses for more than 3 months, it can only be renewed by repurchasing the license at the regular price.
2. The Compression product becomes part of the Zip product. The Zip product now encompasses Zip, Bz2, Gzip, UnixCompress, and Compression.
3. The DSA and DH products become part of the Crypt product. The Crypt product now encompasses Crypt2, NTLM, DSA, and DH.
4. Version 184.108.40.206 will include a new JavaKeyStore class/object. It will be a “Bundle Only” product meaning that it can only be licensed by purchasing the Chilkat Bundle.
5. For Bundle purchases, the multitude of individual unlock codes will be replaced with a single Bundle unlock code that can be used with any class or object.
6. Future classes/objects will be either free or Bundle-only. At some point in the future, Chilkat *may* only offer Bundle licensing.