v184.108.40.206 Update: New Features, Fixes, Changes, etc.
- Stream: Added a Stream class to be utilized more heavily in the future.
- StreamConnector: Added the StreamConnector class for .NET to allow for System.IO.Stream’s to be used with Chilkat.Stream. See http://www.example-code.com/csharp/stream_connector_cs.asp
- Crypt2: Added the EncryptStream and DecryptStream methods.
- Compression: Added the CompressStream and DecompressStream methods.
- JSON: Added the JsonObject and JsonArray classes.
- Zip: Memory leak fixed.
- Ruby: Added Ruby 2.3 builds.
- PrivateKey: Fixed: The LoadPvkFile method was not working.
- SshTunnel: Fixed: Large downloads are now working.
- Socket: Crash bug fixed. Calling SendString when a socket was already disconnected would cause a crash in some circumstances.
- SMTP/MailMan: The SmtpSessionLog is changed to no longer log the 1st 2500 chars of the MIME BODY, but to instead just log the size (number of bytes) of the MIME BODY.
- Email: Very rare crash bug fixed.
- HtmlToXml: Now avoids using CDATA when HTML entities are encountered. Instead, HTML entity expressed in decimal (or hex) notation, such as ’ are automatically decoded to the char that it represents.
- PureBasic: A method that returns a string will return an empty string instead of a 0/NULL. Make sure to use the LastMethodSuccess property to check to see if a string method succeeded or failed.
- Ftp2: The IsConnected and NumFilesAndDirs properties should be avoided. They were already deprecated prior to this version release, but this is another recommendation to avoid these properties. Instead use the CheckConnection and GetDirCount methods.
- C API: Added callback function pointers to the “C” API.
- Imap: Fixed: AppendMail. When a nonexistent mailbox was provided, the method would hang until the ReadTimeout expired. Now it returns immediately.
- Email: Fixed: If only the FromName property was set (and not the FromAddress property, nor the “From” property, then the FromName was getting lost when generating the MIME, such as by calling GetMime. This was because technically the email address is still incomplete/invalid.
- MailMan: Added the following methods: Pop3Connect, Pop3Authenticate, and ConnectFailReason. The connect + authenticate has traditionally been a single method call (or something that automatically occurs with the 1st method making a request). The Pop3Connect and Pop3Authenticate methods make it possible for an application to do each step separately, which helps for reporting errors more specificallly.
- SSH/SFTP: Added the EnableCompression property. An old server was discovered that did not correctly handle compression. Chilkat automatically disables compression when the problematic servers are encountered, but if undiscovered old servers have the same problem, this property can be set to work around the problem.
- Email: Fixed: Emails that have address of the format “CN=abc/O=abc” are not altered in any way. An email address can have any form (not just the standard name@address form).
- Http: Added the ConnectFailReason property.
- SshTunnel: Fixed: Problems where the data flow in a tunnel became stuck.
- Email: Workaround for uuencoded email bodies where the uuencoding starts with a “begin …” line.
- Encoding: Added the “base64url” encoding to the list of supported encodings. See https://cknotes.com/chilkat-binary-encoding-list/
- HttpRequest: Fixed: The AddParam method stripped bare CR’s from the value. This does not happen anymore.
- GitHub: The SMTPQ source code is released to GitHub, along with other example projects, distributions, etc. See https://github.com/chilkatsoft
- SFTP: Fixed: The ReadDirMustMatch and ReadDirMustNotMatch properties did not work correctly.
- Crypt2, Mime, Email: The default value of the Pkcs7CryptAlg was changed from “RC2” to “AES”.
- POP3: Added internal workarounds for older POP3 servers that do not support the UIDL command. (It is extremely rare to find a POP3 server that does not support UIDL.)
- SMTPQ/MailMan: The Windows-only SMTPQ related methods were fixed. The SMTPQ methods were working correctly in v220.127.116.11 and earlier, but a problem was inadvertently introduced in v18.104.22.168.
- Unicode C++: Fixed: The LastMethodSuccess property was not getting set.
- Mime: Fixed: Removed “email address cleaning” from CkMime. The MIME header was run through email-specific processing logic to clean/ensure well formatted email addresses. This should not have been done for the general-purpose MIME API.
- Email: Fixed a SetHtmlBody problem. See http://www.chilkatforum.com/questions/9536/change-html-body-in-a-multipartrelated-mail
- HttpRequest: Added the StreamChunkFromFile method.