Installing Chilkat SMTPQ on Windows 7 64-bit
To install the Chilkat SMTPQ Service on Windows 64-bit:
- Download Chilkat SMTPQ 64-bit and save to any directory.
- Run the ChilkatSmtpQ_x64.msi. On the “Select Installation Folder” dialog, do not select the default install folder. Instead, choose a simpler, shorter path such as “C:\smtpq\”. Also, install for “Everyone”.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to c:\smtpq. Right-click on the SmtpQConfig.exe program and “Run as Administrator”.
- Make sure the “64-bit Windows” checkbox is checked.
- Click on the “Install Service” button. This should install the SMTPQ service.
- Make sure the settings are set to the paths and values desired and click “Apply”.
- Click on the “Start Service” button to start the service for the first time. (By default, the service was installed with the “auto-start” option. The SMTPQ service will automatically start when the computer is started.