Chilkat v188.8.131.52 Release Notes
The previous version release notes: Chilkat v184.108.40.206 Release Notes
Chilkat v220.127.116.11 Release Notes
- Added the SCard class, which is a wrapper around the Resource Manager API of the PC/SC architecture for smart cards. On Windows it is a wrapper around the WinSCard functions implemented in the winscard.dll. On other systems (such as Linux) it is a wrapper around the same API implemented in pcsc-lite.so.
- Added the Windows-only ScMinidriver class, which is a wrapper around the Microsoft Smart Card Minidriver API. It allows for applications on Windows to interact with a smart card in a more direct manner, and also internally allows Chilkat to interact with the smart card without going through a CSP.
- 1-Mar-2021 Http: When automatically following redirects, Chilkat was mistakenly removing the Authorization header for all redirects. The fix is to only remove the Authorization header when the redirect is to another domain.
- 8-Mar-2021 Pdf: Chilkat would automatically choose to “certify” and lock a PDF document when signing a PDF with no existing signatures. This behavior was changed to instead (by default) add an “approval” signature. If the application wishes to add a certification (author) signature (and lock the document), then additional instructions can be added to the JSON to indicate this desire. An example was added to the “PDF Signatures” category on example-code.com to demonstrate.
- 11-Mar-2021: StringBuilder: Added the Shorten, GetRange, and RemoveCharsAt methods.
- 13-Mar-2021: Email: The SetAttachmentFilename method will now also update the “name” attribute of the Content-Type header if it also contains the existing filename.
- 15-Mar-2021: Email: Some extremely long header fields (> 998 chars without SPACE chars) did not get folded. These are now folded using “B” encoding.
- 27-Mar-2021: Pfx: When using passwords longer than 32 chars, PFX’s created by Microsoft and others would truncate passwords to a max length, whereas PFX’s created by Apple and others would not. Therefore, opening such a PFX requires the correct behavior (truncate or no-truncate). Chilkat will now automatically determine the correct behavior and open appropriately.
- 27-Mar-2021: Http: When Http.FollowRedirects is False, certain method calls such as PostJson would fail to set the Http.FinalRedirectUrl property when the response status code = 301,302,303,306,307. (Note: The Http.WasRedirected property correctly remains False when FollowRedirects = true because WasDirected is only set to True when Chilkat automatically follows a redirect.)
- 27-Mar-2021: StringTable: Added the Sort method.
- 26-Apr-2021: Cache: Fixed a bug where GetETag would return null/empty if the item data was less than 4 bytes.
- 27-Apr-2021: Http: Added the “AnsiLogin” keyword to UncommonOptions. This is to cause the login/password to be sent using the ANSI byte represenation (such as Windows-1252) instead of utf-8.
- 1-May-2021: Node.js/Pdf: Fixed the dlopen “Symbol not found: __Z14fn_pdf_signpdfP7ClsBaseP7ClsTask” error.
- 11-May-2021: Email: Fixed iso-2022-jp encoding issues in Content-Type and Content-Disposition headers.
- 12-May-2021: SSH/SFTP: Added support for the ecdh-sha2-nistp384 and ecdh-sha2-nistp521 key exchange algorithms. This fixed the “Unable to agree upon host key algorithm.” seen with a few SSH servers.
- 13-May-2021: SFTP: Added the “NoHomeAutoFix” keyword to UncommonOptions. Programmers often mistakenly pass a remote path beginning with “/” when they really want a path relative to their SSH account HOME directory. If SFTP encounters a “permission denied” error, it will internally retry using “./” to make the path relative to HOME, unless the “NoHomeAutoFix”keyword is present in UncommonOptions.
- 14-May-2021: Zip: Fixed ZIP64 problems encountered when opening a ZIP64 file, removing entries, and rewriting.
- 21-May-2021: Scp: Fixed: A zero-length local file was created when attempting to download a non-existent remote file. The fix was to ensure the local file is removed if the remote file is non-existent.
- 21-May-2021: Pdf: Added the GetSignerCert method.
- 22-May-2021: Http: If a Chilkat HTTP method returns a HttpResponse object, then the status code is obtained from the HttpResponse.StatusCode property. For HTTP methods that do no return a response object, the status code was put in the Http.LastStatus property. Given that many people mistakenly use Http.LastStatus for all method calls, starting in v18.104.22.168 the LastStatus property is now also updated for those calls returning response objects.
- 25-May-2021: FileAccess: Fixed: The DirEnsureExists method would return true (success) in cases where a NAS directory did not exist, and Chilkat failed to create it.