Chilkat v18.104.22.168 Release Notes (Dec 2018)
The v22.214.171.124 release notes are available here: Chilkat v126.96.36.199 Release Notes
v188.8.131.52 Release Notes:
- Csr: The Certificate Signing Request class (Csr) now supports ECC based certificates.
- (bug fix) Xml: For the HasChildWithTag method, if the tagPath ended with array brackets, then the method failed. For example, if the tagPath was “something[i]”, then it did not work. If however, the tagPath was “something[i]|another”, then it worked.
- Delphi DLL: Added an alternative download that utilizes a Dynamic Loader.
- FTP2: Changed the default value of PassiveUseHostAddr to True. Also added internal logic to automatically discover what’s needed, so the value of this property should very rarely matter, if ever.
- DirTree: Rewritten internally to avoid all recursion (so there is never a chance of the stack being blown).
- Xojo: The 32-bit Linux build did not work because the directory name used within the chilkat.xojo_plugin was “Linux x86”, but needed to be “Linux X86”. The capitalized “X” is needed and matters.
- Rest: The auto reconnect capability is improved. (This is an internal enhancement.)
- Ftp2, SFtp: Added the SyncMustMatchDir and SyncMustNotMatchDir properties.
- PHP 7.3 is now supported.
- FTP2: Automatically handles non-routable IP addresses. If the FTP server provides a non-routable IP address in a PASV reply (such as 192.168.*.*, 172.*, or 127.0.0.1), then Chilkat will automatically use the server address.
- Dkim: Added the NumDomainKeySigs and NumDkimSigs properties.
- CkString: Fixed: The saveToFileW and SaveToFile2 methods did not properly write the utf-8 BOM (byte order mark) if the “bom-utf-8” charset was specified.
- Charset: Fixed: The EntityEncodeDec method did not emit the terminating semicolon for decimal entities.
- Crypt2: For the BCryptHash method, if the password is prefixed with “$2b$” then the output will use the $2b version of bcrypt. For example, to create a “$2b$” bcrypt has for the password “secret”, pass in the string “$2b$secret” for password.
- Http: Fixed: The GetHead method did not send header fields that may have been set by previous calls to the SetRequestHeader method.
- C/C++: Fixed an unresolved external problem (non-Windows) with CkDateTimeW in libchilkat-9.5.0.so
- chilkat2/Python: The CertStore class was missing the Open* methods.
- SFtp: If preserving the last-mod date/time is the only error for the UploadFileByName, then the method will still return success (rather than failure).
- StringBuilder, Xml: Added the IsBase64 property to both StringBuilder and Xml. This allows for applications to easily check to see if the content is valid base64.
- XmlDSigGen: Added automatic internal behaviors to produce signatures as needed by www.cioz.gov.pl. For example, if the XML data indicates www.cioz.gov.pl, then Chilkat produce signatures in the particular way that is required.
- Imap: Fixed a problem in parsing certain responses from certain servers. (A rare problem.)
- Email: Added the Clear method, so that an email object can be restored to its initial pristine state. (The Clear method was not previously available because it’s also easy to simply instantiate a new email object rather than try to re-use an existing object.)
- JSON: The DtAt, DateAt, DtOf, and DateOf methods will now parse date/time strings having the Microsoft JSON Date (AJAX Date), such as “/Date(12348721342)/” or “/Date(1224043200000-0600)/” where ‘1224043200000’ are the number of milliseconds since January 1, 1970 in Universal Coordinated Time (UTC).
- Xml: Added the GetChildContentSb method.
- Rest: Will re-use the TLS connection if the subsequent call to Connect is to the same domain/host. (This speeds up the TLS handshake.)
- JsonObject/JsonArray: Added the Swap method.
- Xml: Fixed a particular entity encoding/decoding issue.
- Email: Text attachments using the utf-16 encoding WITH a preamble (i.e. byte order mark) would inadvertently get converted to utf-8. This no longer happens.
- JsonObject, JsonArray: Added the Clear method to make it obvious how to clear the contents. (Calling Load(“”) also clears the contents.)
- FileAccess: Added the AppendSb and AppendBd methods.
- Rsa: Added the EncryptBd and DecryptBd methods.
- Crypt2: Fixed a rare problem where the VerifyP7M method could have huge memory usage for a particular ASN.1 situation.
- Imap: Added the Sort method. This is like Search, but allows for a sortCriteria to be specified.
- Xml: Fixed a crash bug in the NumChildrenHavingTag method.
- PrivateKey: The LoadAnyFormat method now has the ability to load a hexadecimal raw ECDSA key.
- Http: Added the SetSecurePassword method. (The SetPassword method is deprecated.)
- Ftp2: Added the ability to resume downloads by this workaround: A special command can be passed to SendCommand, namely “NextDownloadStartLoc <offset>” which doesn’t actually send a command but indicate that a “REST <offset>” command should be sent before the next RETR command. (The command “REST” is short for “restart”, and RETR is short for “retrieve”.)
- PublicKey: The KeySize property (indicating the size of the key in bits) did not always properly return a size that was a multiple of 8 bits.
- Csr: Added the GetPublicKey method.
- Csr: Fixed some ASN.1 decoding issues involving subject alternative names.
- XmlDSigGen: Added the “FullLocalSigningTime” and “LocalSigningTime” keywords to the Behaviors property.
- Email: Fixed – the AddiCalendarAlternativeBody method did not write the method name in the content-type.
- PureBasic: Fixed a compile error in the CkHttp.pb file.
- SshTunnnel: Added the “NoKeepAliveIgnoreMsg” keyword to the UncommonOptions property.