Chilkat v18.104.22.168 Release Notes
Previous Version: https://cknotes.com/chilkat-v9-5-0-96-release-notes/
Chilkat v22.214.171.124 Release Notes
- SSH/SFTP/SshTunnel: Mitigated vulnerability to the Terrapin attack. See Chilkat v126.96.36.199 Mitigates Terrapin Attack Vulnerability
- CodeSign: Added the Chilkat.CodeSign class. This provides the ability (on Windows) to Authenticode sign DLLs and EXEs. It also provides the ability to validate Authenticode signed EXEs and DLLs, and to remove a signature.
- PDF: Added the AddEmbeddedFiles method. This provides the ability to attach files to a PDF.
- PDF: Fixed problems with auto-sizing the visual box containing the text and/or image for digital signatures.
- ECDSA: Added the Ecc.AsnFormat property.
- Java: Added downloads for JDK 17 and JDK 21. At the time of this writing, not all builds for JDK 17 and JDK 21 will be posted. Missing downloads will appear shortly..
- MacOS: Eliminated i386 libs from downloads.
- MacOS C/C++: Consolidated to a single universal library download supporting both arm64 and x86_64 (rather than have separate downloads for each architecture).
- MacOS Objective_C: Consolidated to a single universal library download supporting both arm64 and x86_64 (rather than have separate downloads for each architecture).
- DNS: Chilkat now automatically includes C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\Hosts as a source for IP address resolution.
- PKCS11: Added the SigContextPin property, for those smart cards that require an additional context-specific login within the context of signing.
- OAuth2: Added the AddRefreshQueryParam method. It can be called one or more times to add additional query params to the HTTP request sent in the RefreshAccessToken method. This method was added to support the “token_content_type” param required by Romania’s ANAF, which stands for Agenția Națională de Administrare Fiscală (National Agency for Fiscal Administration), enables you to electronically send and receive electronic invoices through their e-Invoicing platform.
- FTP2: The RenameRemoteFile method will no longer invalidate the cached directory contents. Instead, it will also update the local cached directory information with the new filename. (If the cache was invalidated, then a subsequent operation would cause, behind the scenes, a re-fetch of the directory listing.)
- FTP2: Added a safety in DeleteMatching. If an empty string is passed for the pattern, then it would match all files and all files would get deleted. Chilkat will now fail the call if the matching pattern is the empty string, and the LastErrorText will contain the message: ” Your application passed in an empty string, which would’ve caused all files to be deleted. If you wish to delete all files, explicitly pass “*” instead. “
- MailMan: The SMTP username/password will now be sent using the utf-8 byte representation instead of ANSI. This makes no difference for logins and passwords that are entirely us-ascii. It only matters if non-us-ascii chars are present. In the very distant past, mail servers would want the ANSI single-byte-per-char encoding for non-us-ascii, but for many years now, more mail servers expect utf-8 for non-us-ascii. The old ANSI behavior can be achieved by adding the keyword “SmtpLoginAnsi” to the MailMan.UncommonOptions property.
- Ftp2: Fixed problem where an FTP server responds to a download with a multi-line intermediate reply containing “150-There’ll be a delay while we scan for viruses.” and also “150-8.0 kbytes to download”. The size indicated in the intermediate reply is not the full size of the file, and it caused Chilkat to mistakenly infer the wrong expected download size.
- Socket: Dual-stack support is now enabled when the PreferIpv6 property is set to True (in the context of listening/accepting connections). This allows the socket to accept both IPv6 and IPv4 connections, whereas previously, if PreferIpv6 was True, only IPv6 connections were accepted.
- Http: If the HTTP verb is “OPTIONS”, then Chilkat will now allow for the path to be “*”. Previously, Chilkat force the path in the HTTP start line to begin with a “/”. Also, when the HTTP verb is OPTIONS, no “Content-Length” header will be included in the request.
- Cache: Chilkat was mistakenly trying to use backslash chars for directory separators on non-Windows systems. This has been fixed.
- Sharepoint: Fixed Http.SharePointOnlineAuth to correctly use HTTP proxies when Http proxy properties are set.
- Hashtable: Added the Count property.
- HtmlToText: Added the ToTextSb method.
- HtmlToXml: Added the SetHtmlSb method.