v18.104.22.168 Micro Update: New Features, Fixes, Changes, etc.
- Java (including Android): Added event callback capabilities for progress monitoring.
- Async: Added asynchronous functionality for all qualifying methods across all programming languages, operating systems, and architectures. Each Chilkat method that can potentially be time-consuming or involve network communications, now has a corresponding asynchronous version of the method with the name ending in “Async”.
- Ecc: Added a new Ecc class for elliptical curve cryptography.
- Prng: Added a new class for secure random number generation using the Fortuna algorithm.
- Task, TaskChain: These new classes are part of the async functionality.
- Socket: Fixed: The session log did not included data received from the ReceiveUntilMatch method.
- Email: Fixed: The Email.GetTo method returned Q/B encoded (if 8bit) instead of automatically decoding (as was the behavior in prior versions).
- FTP2: Added the DataProtection property.
- All: Added the LastMethodSuccess property.
- Certs:Fixed: The root certs explicitly trusted via the TrustedRoots class were not being used by the VerifyCert method.
- FTP2: Fixed the Quote method.
- MailMan: Fixed: When the EMail.From is updated, the next email sent did not use it in the MAIL FROM.
- SQL Server/ActiveX/Global: Added the KeepStringResult and LastStringResult properties to the Global object for ActiveX. This allows for an ActiveX running in the SQL Server environment to access large string return values via temp tables.
- Xml: The AccumulateTagContent now allows an app to pass “*” or empty string to accumulate the text for any tag. This is one way to implement the innerText HTML function.
- MailMan: Fixed the VerifySmtpLogin method.
- Global: Added the Chilkat.Global.DefaultNtlmVersion property. The default NTLM protocol version is 2. It may optionally be set to 1. This determines the version of the NTLM protocol used by SMTP, HTTP, IMAP, POP3, and HTTP proxies whenever NTLM authentication is used.
- Ssh/SFtp: Added the AuthFailReason property.
- Zip: Fixed the AppendFiles method for non-Windows implementations.
- Socket: Fixed and improved the ConnectFailReason/AcceptFailReason properties.
- CkString: Added punycode encoding/decoding methods.
- IMAP: Fixed rare BODYSTRUCTURE parsing issues w/ particular emails from inbox.com.
- CkStringArray: Added the ReplaceAt method.