v126.96.36.199 Update: New Features, Fixes, Changes, etc.
- OAuth2: Added the OAuth2 class.
- FTP2: Fixed SyncRemoteTree/SyncRemoteTree2 progress monitoring callbacks.
- Crypt2: Fixed the GenerateUuid to respect RFC 4122. The GenerateUuid method generates the version 4 variant, which is composed of entirely random data except for the few bits that signify version 4.
- Compression: Fixed the CompressFile method for large files. See Fixed CompressFile
- MHT: Fixed: MS-Word html files with %20 in file paths needed to be replaced with SPACE chars.
- Cert/SMIME/PKCS7: Fixed: When a cert doesn’t have the Issuer CN, the encrypted message could not be decrypted using Chilkat library, even though the cert does have subject key id.
- REST: Dropbox workaround: DropBox is not Q/B decoding header fields as it should do (if it were
behaving according to standards). Two modifications were made: (1) Disable Q/B encoding for header fields when Dropbox is the endpoint. (2) Added a new REST property named AllowHeaderQB to enable/disable Q/B encoding for header fields. It is enabled by default.
- SSH: Fixed: ChannelReceiveUntilMatch did not work for some cases with wildcard (*) match patterns.
- Android/Java: Fixed the emoji utf-8 problem. The use of emoji’s caused issues with the underlying JNI implementation because Java uses modified-utf8, which is only different because it must use surrogate pairs for chars that encode to longer than 3 bytes. Chilkat will now (internally) emit the correct modified utf-8 using surrogate pairs to keep the JNI fat and happy (given that this problem was discovered w/ the pizza slice emoji for a major pizza chain).
- HTTP/TrustedRoots: Fixed: When verifying the web server certificate for a TLS connection, the Windows registry-based root CA cert stores were not being searched when TrustSystemCaRoots was true.
Now Chilkat will correctly search for the root cert, and if found, will trust the root cert.
- PEM: Added the “AddItem” method. See the very bottom of this example: AddItem
- MHT: Enhancement: MHT will not try to embed images when the data is already embedded, such as:
<img style=”display:block;margin:0 auto 5px;text-align:center;” src=”data:image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGg…
- HTTP: Fixed auto-follow of HTTP redirects when the redirect URL is a Protocol-relative_URL (i.e. URLs beginning with “//”)
- Zip: Added the AppendDataEncoded method.
- Python/FreeBSD: Fixed the installer for Python on FreeBSD.
- Email: Fixed Q/B decoding issue for address related headers. The SPACE char between the friendly name and the email address was dropped when Q/B decoding.
- JSON: Fixed a parse problem that occurred when a Unicode char was the very last char in a JSON value string. For example if the value string ended with “\\u6e2c”, then this final char was dropped in the string returned by various methods.
- TLS 1.2: Fixed: The server would close the TLS connection during initial handshake (after receiving the ClientHello) if it picked the cipher suite TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA in TLS 1.2. The reason is that Chilkat did not include the ECDSA/SHA1 signature hash algorithm as a candidate for the Server Key Exchange. (Note: This was not a security issue — it was just a case where the TLS handshake would fail if the server picked a particular cipher suite, only in TLS 1.2, and expected to use a paricular Server Key Exchange signature hash algorithm.)
- SSH: Added the hmac-sha1-96 algorithm to what is supported in the internal SSH connection protocol.
- Email: Eliminated problems arising from X.400 email addresses where there is no “@” character.
- HTTP: Fixed the ReceiveRate callback (so that it’s actually called) for the WinRT and Unicode C++ builds.
- Unicode C++: Event callbacks were broken starting in v188.8.131.52 for the Unicode C++ builds. (They were working in v184.108.40.206, broken in .58, and now fixed in .59)
- IMAP: A particular kind of email on a particular IMAP server would cause a hang (or timeout) when downloading the email for the case where AutoDownloadAttachments is disabled.
- SFTP: Worked around problems with the Devart SSH server.
- Email: Fixed email structure problems for certain situations when SetHtmlBody was called.
- HTTP/S3: Fixed a problem caused when filenames contain SPACE chars.
- Email: The ComputeGlobalKey method was deprecated and should not be used. The inputs to the MD5 hash algorithm were not properly canonicalized, and therefore the computed key could change from version to version (based on fixes, improvements, etc. in the MIME processing).
- Email: Added the ComputeGlobalKey2 method, which is properly canonicalized to avoid the issues of the original ComputeGlobalKey implementation.
- XMP: Fixed: TIFF files with EXIF IFD’s were not correctly re-written.
- Email/MIME: Fixed problems where the values in address related header fields were not returned Q/B decoded. (For example, the value returned by the GetHeaderField method should be Q/B decoded.)
- SSH: Fixed a performance problem w/ the ChannelPoll method for very small timeouts.
- Zip: Fixed a problem w/ encrypted zips for Unicode C++ (CkZipW) on Mac OS X. The issue has to do with the fact that wchar_t is 4 bytes per char (on Mac OS X) as opposed to 2 bytes per char.
- Email: Fixed GetSignedByCert so that it will still return the certificate even if the signature validation fails.
- FTPS: Fixed a PBSZ/”PROT P” problem with the Global eXchange Services Secure FTP brand of FTP server.
- JSON: Fixed a JSON parsing problem having to do with escaped chars.
- MHT: Fixed a problem with “link” tags where attributes such as “media” were getting dropped.